Adcote School is a non-selective, single sex school which strives to:
- Inspire learners for their futures through high expectations and a supportive, caring environment which fosters personal pupil happiness and good relationships between all members of the school community including parents.
- Secure the core skills of confidence, leadership, engagement, achievement and resilience so that they can thrive in the 21st century through our CLEAR learning programme.
- Enable girls to meet or exceed their expectations through excellent teaching.
- Offer an extensive range of extra curricular activities to secure leadership opportunities, foster engagement, demonstrate resilience and experience achievement, thus growing their confidence.
- Provide a safe and secure environment where girls can develop their individual talents, realise their full potential and have the self esteem they need to be happy in their futures.
Our British Values
At Adcote we are committed to actively promoting British values and this forms part of our wider work in school with pupils in relation to their Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural education (SMSC). At the heart of these values, lie good relationships in which teachers and pupils work together towards common goals. The DfE have reinforced the requirement “to create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
At Adcote, we already promote the core aspects of British values through the SMSC (Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural) work that is integrated throughout every year group. We recognise that such development is most successful when those values and attitudes are promoted by all the staff and provide a model of behaviour for pupils. As stated in our aims, we wish to: